With An I

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

To: Berlin
Re: Snow


Dear Berlin,

Today, Tuesday, is the 5th of the last 7 days in which I have woken up to a light snowfall. Today, your intention to snow seems to be a bit more in earnest. The appearance of lighter, fluffier snow also indicates that it is also quite cold. I congratulate you for your best work thus far at a convincing winter.

However, should you believe that, by snowing almost daily, it will somehow become less interesting or beautiful -- that, in effect, people will stop paying attention to snow on ivy, powdered-sugar cobblestones, tile roofs, and other architectural features, not to mention the preponderance of adorable warmly-clad children and interesting hipster hats -- you would be wrong. There is still work to be done. Please keep up the good effort at winter gorgeousness, you are on the right track!

W

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home