With An I

Friday, November 14, 2008

I woke up to a bad dream, betrayal, this morning, and had the song "Can't Run But" from Rhythm of the Saints in my head. Odd. Now it's Paul Simon all morning to shake it off while I work on my database. I woke in the middle of the night with a tickle in my throat and as I was fumbling around for a cough drop, I noticed that everything outside was silver. The moon was just the other side of full, and it was completely clear and bright. It's the first time I've thought the cemetery over the wall looked eerie in the slightest - usually it is just peaceful. I was happy to crawl back into bed.

The fog that sat over Berlin for the better part of a week burned off a few days ago, making it clear and colder (though not sunny any majority of the time). Two nights ago, walking home into the courtyard, I was literally stopped in my tracks by a massive, massive ring around the moon. Usually, if you see it, it's a little halo, just a glow. This was a huge ring, an aureole. It looked like skywriting. I have no way to estimate how big it looked, but, from my perspective, it filled the space between the walls of the courtyard, across the sky. Low clouds? Changing temperatures? It was somehow magic.

Tonight there will be another soup attempt; I'm staying in to work today. It is likely that I will be listening to some of the following new (to me) music:
Mates of State, Re-Arrange Us
Feist, Let It Die
Al Green, Greatest Hits

3 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feist was on Sesame Street the other day singing her iTunes commercial "1,2,3,4" song. Sophie was enchanted by her.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Wabes said...

would sophie like a mix CD for christmas? would you like sophie to have a mix CD for christmas? hmm....

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sophie would love a mix CD from Aunt Wabes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home