With An I

Friday, November 14, 2008

my Friday night

I'll give you three guesses about what two things I have seen on German television in the last half-hour.

Clue: no one was naked, it was not overdubbed "Law and Order", nor was there news involved, nor was it "The Nanny" or a game show.

Ready?

1) The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross. Ta-dah! In English!!! I couldn't believe it. He was making happy little trees and making a rock "live over here". It was like all of my inside jokes in high school coming back...but I do not remember his shirt being open to his navel when he was on PBS. Dude.

2) Domino Day 2008. I am currently watching millions of dominoes falling somewhere in, I think, the Netherlands. I just watched a sprinter race against 5 lines of dominoes (sprinter was faster) and before, I watched a room set up to be Paris Hilton's, as she searched for Tinkerbell the chihuahua. In all honesty, words just fail me. The dominoes are so fast! And complicated! But it's apparently a long-running tradition. They're notarizing the number of dominoes for the Guinness Book of World Records now. Dude.

Both of the above are better than the soup I made tonight. Tasty, but weird. Can't win 'em all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home