With An I

Friday, February 26, 2010

A winter tally

Number of inches estimated on our balcony railing this morning at 9 a.m.: 7

Average thickness of frozen slush underneath snow on sidewalk: 2

Number of livery cabs stuck on half-plowed streets on the way to campus this morning: 2

Number of Toyota Priuses that made it up partially plowed street in front of me: 1 (!)

Inches of snow on top of said Prius: 10

Number of completely unplowed streets I saw on the 25-minute roundabout walk to the office: 1

Minutes that walk to the office usually takes going through Morningside Park: 7

Number of students at exam review session held at 6 p.m. yesterday: 17

Number of students expected: 45

Number of ID's on Monday's exam covering 1789-1870s: 54

Days remaining to attempt and perfect special cocktails for B-movie/birthday party: 7

Total yield (in cups) from chili I will make tonight: 12

Loaves of bread I hope to bake in the next 72 hours: 1

Percentage of ingredients of either of above that I actually have at home before snowstorm: 10 (15, being very generous)

...I should really, really pay a little more attention to the weather forecast. I use my basement office as an excuse. I don't know what it's like out there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home