This is not a wedding blog
But thinking about the wedding appears to be killing the blog. Figuring out basic things when people won't give you straight answers is not easy. That is all, for now.
Perhaps it's also Facebook, though, which would also be unfortunate...but not surprising.
I'll return to a topic dear to my heart: resurrecting my edible houseplants. We have a lovely strawberry pot (big center hole, three small pockets) that has had some manner of herbs in it since Detroit. Basil and oregano in the center, with thyme, chives, and flat-leaf parsley in the pockets. Kolz had encourged me to get it pretty for the Superbowl, when we had people over, but prepping that party solo sort of cut out the plant-pruning time...and I like the thyme growing all wild and wooly.
But the poor parsley, poor chives - the dead growth (this makes sense if you've gardened, right?) wasn't letting the new shoot do much of anything. The parsley even had ginormo sprouty-flowering things that seemed to take the lifeblood out of the stuff we'd actually eat. So off they came, the dried ends of the chives and the parsley flowers, all thick stems and stubborn bits off to a buzz cut last weekend. A tender buzz cut - I avoided what little new growth was coming out. I also buzzed the oregano, which was out of control and had NOTHING green on it, thinking for sure it would just give up.
But no! Tiny baby leaves on the oregano as of two days ago, and the chives and parsley literally coming up again like gangbusters! We have green again! Kolz suggested that I plant another cherry tomato in the center hole of the herb pot, but after the carnage of last summer's visit from small children (when TOMATO WATCH turned into a post-mortem...I'm thinking no. Anything indoors has to be relatively hard to wreck.
What have you got growing, friends?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home