things I want to do
Other folks have done the 101 in 1001*, and some friends have New Year's Resolutions of extraordinary breadth and ambition, and I sort of...hadn't thought of it until just after Christmas, in any formal way. It was an interesting decade, this last one. Those of us in the class of 2000 have an easier time with counting milestones, maybe especially now that a decade is a meaningful chunk of life.
Coming up on New Year's Eve, I realized that I have short list of things in mind, some long percolating and some quite new, that I want to do with the coming semester and the coming spring...I have a few summer and fall ideas. Beyond that, we'll see.
This is what I have in mind for now, though:
- I want to row again on real, actual water, and regularly, once the weather turns.
- By April, 2 more chapters of my dissertation will be drafted.
- Bake a new kind of bread each month, and also, perfect a yummy soy-sesame-etc. tofu recipe.
- I want to find a place for Kolz and I to get married, and, hopefully, a dress to wear to do it.
- Go to the opera in New York more (as in, more than never, which is where I am right now).
- Keep in touch with my nieces and nephews.
- Run farther than 6 km in one go, maybe even in a large group of people also running; maybe also with Kolz or other friends.
- Try not to overschedule teaching, conferences, and writing this spring.
- Plan vacations to visit friends who I don't live near to anymore.
- Go downhill skiing again.
- Get back to Stanford for the reunion in October.
- Finish setting up the bedroom and office, meaning that many things must get framed and more bookshelves need to be purchased.
If I'm lucky, I can overschedule less, and still get to see my near & dears as much as ever. And start 2011 with a draft of my dissertation nearly in hand...
What about you, friends? Anything new on the list of things you've set your sights on?
* Of which there are too many examples online to count, but it's pretty self-explanatory...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home