riddle me this
I seem to be coming down with some sort of slow-burning proto-flu, if signs are pointing in the right direction. It's not knocking me out or anything just yet, though I am a little slow and tired. I got a flu shot for the first time this year, after having influenza A last winter and hating it, plus there's that thing of being around the massive germ pool that is a college campus. Not cynical folks, just realistic about the large population. We have Purell at every corner, what with the H1N1, too.
The confusing part is: feeling slightly yucky made me incredibly productive this afternoon on a grant application. I realized that I hadn't gotten up to do anything else or been of wandering mind for nearly two hours, and that's hard to do when you're trying to spin your academic experience in mentoring without being cloying or bland. Being too tired to do anything else, but not so tired that I couldn't think straight, meant for a plodding but effective afternoon. Now I just need to figure out about how I've been involved in helping women "break through barriers" (the institution's words, not mine) in my career thus far without referring about martial arts or Chuck Yeager, which are the first two things that come to my mind.
And now I'm home and achey, having given up on walking home and hailed a cab. And so to nap. Or to watch Law & Order. Probably to nap.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home