With An I

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

the real August arrives

It is hot; hot in Detroit, heavy clouds occasionally, muggy in New York over the weekend. Our weird unseasonably beautiful summer may well be over, judging from the humidity, albeit not like home, and the whitish horizon in the mornings now. It is time for tomatoes, finding the AC while walking around, nighttime outside - these are the upsides.

We spent last weekend in New York house-hunting, which was an interesting socio-cultural experience as well as one that will hopefully yield a place to land when we return in two-ish weeks. It was great to meet up with our friends for dinner and drinks, great to explore places that we haven't really been before, and also wonderful to imagine returning to some kind of routine of life. But it will be weird to leave Detroit, when we do. Three months ago, I could only manage a sidelong glance when Kolz would say that he could see us coming back here someday, but with the friends we've made and the life you can have here, it is possible. It'd be nice.

The time between the making of pies and the apartment hunt is sort of a blur - I think I wrote a lot? More of that until the 21st, when Kolz is done working and we get to play and pack and then head out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home