landed
I am home in a winter Berlin, ice frozen in sheets on the canals, winter light. Snow everywhere, and real snow rather than the usual wet gloppy business. It's nice. It's cold here, for Berlin (though it has nothing on Pike County in December) and I'm waiting for my apartment to warm up before I do much else.
Travel via Paris/de Gaulle was fine, but with less sleep than I would've liked. A slew of terrifyingly fashionable young French people were on my flight from Detroit, though some a bit more fashion-forward than I would've ventured:
dark green corduroy overalls, but cut low, and with off-white canvas straps - and, well, snug?
coulottes - or whatever you would call baggy/blousy pants that nip in at the bottom and hit just below the knee - in a black and grey pinstripe, brown boots...? But I did like her glasses.
lots, lots, and lots of screen print fake-English t-shirts involving a) New York, b) rock'n'roll!!!, c) video games, d) graffiti-style stuff?
And I think the couple next to me had a travel Nintendo, or at least a travel-sized guitar for Guitar Hero. And say what you will about "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist", it made me all wistful and sweet about New York. And featured a band we've known for years!
Next orders of business: shower, dinner, groceries, sleep. Sleep, sleep, sleeeeep.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home