Counting down
Finally out from under the flu, and have been baking and cooking up a storm. I do not usually like to bake, it being more science than art and so easy to mess up, but with mom's kitchen and all the right tools, I get adventurous. The weather outside IS truly frightful (4 degrees today!), too, and I'm hoping to have things Christmas-y when my folks get back tomorrow night. Kolz gets here Wednesday and I've made some sweet-and-savory treats in anticipation as well. Must wrap presents, make soup, figure out new ways to amuse the dog. Hopefully the cardamom spice cookies will work, and the guy will come to fix the dryer so it blows hot air and just just air. And when I do go out, hopefully I will not slip and fall getting to the car, or be blown away across the ice. Ames made me some great holiday music mixes, so there's a soundtrack to all this fun - and so it's starting to feel normal around here, at least for me.
Meantime, though, look at Berlin! Scroll down here for a different shot of the same ferris wheel...though sadly, I didn't get to try out the rink...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home