With An I

Friday, October 31, 2008

home from Rome

I've been in Rome for research since the 21st, and was in DC for a meeting before that, and you've heard about that summer in Dar thing.

I was supposed to get back yesterday at midnight, though. And also intended to only buy ONE one-way ticket from Rome. But things do not always go to plan.

The archives were rich, the company was great, the pasta was like another food entirely. The best gelato combination was pistachio - nutella - coconut. Thank me later!

Herewith, my preliminary list of things (my) Rome has a lot of:

nuns

marble

archives

Germans

gelato

scooters

cobblestones

rain

amatriciana sauce

What it has less of: buses, rain gutters, wi-fi.

2 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Blogger Imelda said...

Sigh... Rome. I miss it! Especially the gelato.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Wabes said...

you were totally right about the Rome-Dar similarities. Having been in Dar, crossing the street in Rome was a cakewalk. I hope to go back someday, and see more of the city than the Vatican, and the walk to and from the archives.

Probably for the best that there is a polite distance between me and the gelato now, too!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home