With An I

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The other winter sport

Everyone is talking about football right now, and rightly so -- even I, with no clue about any bowl games but the Rose Bowl, stopped and said "Wow!" today when I saw on the Times Square ticker that Boise State beat Oklahoma. And I don't even know what a trick play is. (For better coverage, see Imelda's post).

But my Salukis are doing well this season, despite playing mostly defense and having not such a deep bench. I've never taken pictures inside the SIU arena before, but it is a place of so many interesting memories - when I went to a game with Dad over the holidays, I couldn't resist. My folks have seats just behind the scorer's table, and have for (I discovered) 30+ years. If I could, I would take you all with me.

Local boy Matt Shaw, doing his thing against Central Michigan University (and yes, we do count as a mid-major, sometimes, thank you).




















And here's some of that defense, and a longer shot of the Arena proper.



2 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm inclined to write

- any college with a compass direction in its name is well ... sounds redneck (espec if West)

- But mostly What is SIU? and Where is SIU? ....and what league is it in? and whos's the alum(a, us. i) ?

AND is the S really for Southern?

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Wabes said...

i've added a link to SIU-C's ample and shiny website.

and as for sounding 'redneck', every state has 'em -- schools with cardinal directions in them, i mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home