With An I

Monday, December 04, 2006

lunar lunacy

Maybe I'm a cynic, or just a tight-fisted, short-sighted, anti-war liberal, but I think a lunar pole settlement is just sort of unconscionable right now. I remember the idea being a diversion after the Columbia crash, but this just doesn't seem fiscally responsible. [Shit, and I actually believe that. My republican grandmother is, for a moment, no longer rolling in her grave over her bleeding-heart namesake...]. But then, I'm sustained by research grants for work of questionable permanent relevance, so who am I to say? I recognize the hypocrisy there, but I was just a little stunned.

After a 2-hour meeting, I can safely say that I am very, very excited about someday teaching - I am not, however, excited about being a part of a university bureaucracy. It is a mess. It could run so much more efficiently and pleasantly. But boy do the profs come up with some good zingers. Ah, well. Remind me of that in 10 years when I'm walking on tenure-seeking-eggshells...

But in better news, there is pepperjack cheese in my fridge, artichokes are reasonably priced at Fairway, and tonight's book is interesting AND skimmable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home