Finally!
Freedom!
Fellowships!
Finished!
This one did prove to be almost as crazy as the Fulbright-Hays -- I have no idea what final trick of formatting actually made my first page work, in the end, but after 45 minutes of tinkering and re-printing, I was not one to question fate.
A rainy day for baking cookies for Kolz's extended family Thanksgiving tomorrow. The apartment smells divine, and I have a surplus to sneak into the theater tonight for the newest Bond flick. A warm day, generally, despite the cold. Everyone around me today was excited about Thanksgiving, and I sat next to the nicest lady from DC on the bus. We also had a happy morning, I especially because NPR did a cute piece on making Thanksgiving easier with the stodgy-looking proud Yankee from Cooks' Illustrated...and he was hilarious. Hijinks ensued, turkeys were whacked, pies were chilled -- and who'd expect that of the morning radio news people, really?
I've been so pleasantly surprised, by the by, with re-experiencing this Blur album. I missed all but a few songs in high school - and so have good memories & associations but no knowledge of it - but it is really good. Rediscovering music is so nice. I'm ready to unleash a 90s Britpop binge on Kolz, to balance our Month of Dylan in October. I think I should acquaint myself with more Pulp. I get "Disco 2000," a college favorite of the girls & boys, in my head every time I write an email to the two Deborahs I that TA for (and with) this semester.
Weekend hiatus with the trip to Albany tomorrow - happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home