A little help (random bits)
'morning, kids.
After a perplexing email from a professor, I find myself realizing I've never really exactly known what "shaking the tree" means in common speech. Any ideas? More specifically, what does it mean to say that you'll be "shaking the tree around March 2"?
And in other things needing community action...just from the stills I've seen of the Golden Globes red carpet (I recommend WaPo and NYTimes slideshows), can we please put a moratorium on ruffles?
Also, get excited - a movie I've been wanting to see since I heard about it in Berlin last summer is opening in the US in February.
Oh, and I finished "Death in Hamburg" last night. Woot!

4 Comments:
Could it be like the opposite of picking up the low hanging fruit? Or just shaking things up? Hmm
Yep, still avoiding work over here.
Raquel
What about Steve Miller? ''I really like your peaches can I shake your tree?"
oh! maybe "shaking the tree" is like shaking the christmas tree (or a fruit tree?), causing goodies to fall out -- because you'll be collecting so much loot that day.
val's version is close to what i've always heard - that it's like drumming up people (if you need volunteers, guests, so on) or funding.
Post a Comment
<< Home