Eating up the morsels
One final note on the cookie bonanza (and a nod to a song I have stuck in my head). I still have a few of the jam thumbprint cookies left, and I'll be sad to see them go. Mom let me take this picture of the aftermath of the sugar-cookie decorating. It's the equivalent of licking the batter from the spoon or the frosting from the knife, except with cookie crumbs, those little green sprinkles, and silver nonpareils. (Anyone know why they're called that, by the way?)

Not intended to taunt our dear Imelda, but I thought that all of the photos of the pretty productions should be off-set with one of the beautiful mess. I didn't document showering myself in cocoa powder, thankfully. When we do the big family dinner, we pull out the remnants of my great-aunt's collection of delicate little half-aprons, all holiday-themed and 50s-style cute. Like, with ruffles, seriously. The owner of the above fingers, however, needed sturdier stuff, and is wearing an adorable/hilarious, well-worn "Have you hugged a United Methodist today?" apron, of unknown origin, which is unfortunately obscured in all of our photos by cookie pans, cooling racks, frosting bowls, or some such. It gave me funny excuses to randomly hug my mom, though.
I guess I just don't want to let go of the holidays and the break.
Today is a normal day, though, and I'm glad for that -- to the gym, hitting the books, getting organized. I have a little over a week before the kids come back and teaching starts. And I have to fit "Charlotte's Web" in there somewhere, too, as well as (shut up) "We are Marshall." I need a lighter incentive to finish my postcolonial theory reading. Oof.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home