my first meme
Via Lau...
Five things you didn't know about me:
1. My favorite weird-food snack is sour cream & onion potato chips with cottage cheese as a dip. I think I get this from my mother. I can eat it like candy (in fact, sometimes it's all I can think to eat when I'm really stressed, or when it's really hot).
2. I'm not big on Marxism. This matters, given my chosen profession (or at least my chosen professional school), and how often one has to contend with true believers in Uncle Karl -- which is, incidentally, what my first history TA called him. I get the whole mode of production thing, okay, but let's not hang our every hope upon its analytical force. There's more to think about people in the past than what job they performed, and they probably had more than one, anyway. In the present day, call me shallow, but I like my stuff, and I think most other people do, too, given the chance.
3. I cannot dive. Like off of a diving board. Into a pool. It's either the headfirst part, or the swimming more in lakes (sans board) than pools (con board) as a kid. Or both. You never go into a lake headfirst, people died every summer hitting a rock or a log or something. Every boyfriend I've ever had has tried to teach me, except Kolz, which may be why we're still together. (And right now, as we sit on the couch, he is shocked to learn all of this.) But I'm really okay with this, and I love to swim.
4. I do not wear yellow. Ever. Unless it's Halloween and I want to look dead.*
5. I would rather be cold than hot. I can get kind of unreasonable in the absolute dead of summer.
And also copycatting Lauren, I'll tap Imelda, Mollchen, and Kolz to fill in a few more little dark corners of the internets with their lists...
But let me tell you, being someone who talks a lot and who has told most of my friends pretty much everything, it's hard to do a meme like this with you all in mind.
* When I was little, I used to love to draw rainbows, but I always put yellow, and then orange (blech), at the bottom of the rainbow's arc, so they would be the smallest lines of color compared to, say, purple (which was the best).

6 Comments:
you know, i was wondering if all 5 things would be new to me. yay, i knew #5!
i thought that, too...half of what i came up with, you definitely knew!
talk soon!
i might have known #4? you know i have the memory of a mayfly.
...although (in reference to #4) it's always stuck in my head that, in some sweet valley twins book, the unicorns vote on their favorite and least favorite colors one day and determine that yellow is the best and green is the worst. i realized, reading that, that i would never be popular.
whoop - i mean i might have known #2.
i knew #1 'cause this summer in the banks we got sc n' o chips and you asked if we also bought any cottage cheese and I was like, why? i also knew you couldn't dive from when we went swimming in playa vista! i like that i know you!
I love that one of your things is "I'm not big on Marxism." I mean, that's hilarious! Maybe one of mine will be "I'm not big on the Enlightenment."
Post a Comment
<< Home