Just a dusting
Not that I'm looking for reasons, but this morning's phone call was another reason I love my boyfriend.
I noticed as I was eating breakfast that we had quite a few snowflakes floating around outside our window (i.e., in the airshaft). I figured I'd call Kolz when I was done with my scone-in-a-hurry, and then my phone rang, and it was him. I said "It's snowing" before saying hello, and he was calling to tell me that there were snowflakes floating around as he walked to the subway.
The subway then screwed up his commute again, because the MTA can't get their shit together and put up signs before a service change occurs.
But it snowed! We managed to break the standing record for the latest snowfall (which I think was 1978) and our warm winter has brought on many a doomsday scenario where we end up underwater in 20 years. Al Gore was right. Is right.
Addendum: Oops. Make that 1878.

1 Comments:
to be fair, baby jo and chris and i saw about 10 minutes' worth of re-eally light snow on 12/27, on our way back from the (new incarnation of the) soup nazi. this could have been a collective hallucination brought on by their redeye jet lag and my wishful thinking, but there it was.
on al, natch, you're right. i'm not sure how this would help, but i think we all need to buy al by marc jacobs swag (warning: you WILL end up on every lefty mailing list in existence if you buy this stuff online. ask me about my hillary tee and the summer of ten zillion charity appeals).
Post a Comment
<< Home