With An I

Saturday, April 04, 2009

bye bye berlin

...that was a week ago, but I'm still getting my feet on the ground here in Detroit. This was the day before I left, I think, right around the corner from another favorite stencil.




In the middle there was also a wonderful weekend in Baltimore and lovely wedding, and then a lotta lotta organizing, car fixing, and some such here. I am beginning to think that another trip immediately after arriving is the best cure for jet lag. Being busy means it hurts less, and you care less.

Berlin and Detroit do have graffiti in common and apparently wicked public art as well. Even luckier am I that there is college basketball (I think I'm for 'Nova, but I know I'm against UConn) and Mexican food to minimize the burn-up of re-entry. If I were a space shuttle, that is. And I'd rather think of myself as something a little less precarious, with this dissertation in front of me...

1 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Anonymous kevin said...

um, Tar Heels, *cough* Tar Heels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home