With An I

Monday, March 09, 2009

Bougie

I walked out this morning with my neighbors to find this above our doorbells:







It translates as: "The following citizens will be called forward for the class struggle:"

I find this sort of awesome, and very of this place. What I'm mulling now is whether this means A) everyone considers my neighborhood solidly, definitively bourgeois, or B) the taggers are tending in that direction as well, C) said taggers only picked buildings with pretty doors and original tile as home to those who need a class-struggle wake-up call, or D) I should be watching out for barricades on the major avenues.* It seems too pretty to be something the serious anarchos would do, and there are really scads of preening hipsters floating around Berlin who would get a total kick out of this, I think.

Oh, Berlin...where socialism isn't a dirty word, and the taggers are all so, so clever.

* A) yup, B) maybe, C) requires more research, D) nope.

2 Comments:

At 4:57 AM, Blogger Wabes said...

and the tag was gone in a day, or less!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Kolzman said...

But, fortunately, you captured it for posterity before it disappeared.

So different from the tags in my Detroit neighborhood. I wonder why...?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home