Busy busy
Guest #2, Katja, has arrived (though she arrived to a power outage, we're now managing just fine). I have a long list of things-to-do, and British records in the Tanzania National Archives are proving a bit, well, elusive. Or British records from the right period of history. I suppose that's what I get for working on something that overlaps with the first Great War. More important are the transcriptions and translations of the interviews from Bukoba, which I'm getting a bit nervous about. And those progress reports for my grants due on the 1st. There will be progress!
Tonight, however, I am going to an Obama fundraiser here in Dar - the expats are apparently coming out in droves, and I'm looking forward to it. I found a "Tanzania for Obama" shirt in Zanzibar, with pretty awesome graphics, and Imelda and I did see the Obama tree. Tonight, we'll watch a recorded version of the debate, and I'm trying to avoid spoilers, if there are any. I heard there was a debate, which is apparently news in itself.
I just saw this, however. Please, internets, tell me that this is some misinterpretation and not actually true. Because if it's true, people need to be talking about it; if it's not true, people need to be talking about it, too. Either way, every bit of my "no means no" safe-sex indoctrination from grade school onward, coupled with a pretty accurate sense of right and wrong, unless I flatter myself unduly, is freaked out that having victims pay for rape kits is even a topic under discussion.
Today: travel agent for Katja, groceries, touring her around more...followed by exhaustion, cold shower, dinner. The temperature has only increased 2-3 degrees C these days, but it is just absolutely knocking me out.

1 Comments:
Yeah, crazy right? But also definitely true. This is at the top of a lot of pro-choice groups' lists of talking points.
Post a Comment
<< Home