Thwarted yet again, but hopefully temporarily, with the internet connection at the Institute. But they do have some books I need, so it's not a lost day.
More interesting, though, is this weird dream I had about a flood, and having to either run from it, or being in a restaurant or something with a bunch of people and battening down the hatches, planning to feed everyone, etc. It kept coming and going, the flood, and the water took on these very interesting shapes when it crested. Just for kicks, I looked around online, and found:
A dream that a body of water (ocean, lake, pool, flood) is threatening or rising over someone's head represents overwhelming circumstances in real life.
Really?
What if it's, like, got a cresting wave like a dragon chasing something, and comes and goes unpredictably? And if throughout you're cooking dinner for a huge group of people trying to keep them calm when you & others know it could all go in a minute? And what the hell was Robert Urich doing in my flood dream? (Though that certainly contributed some added dramatic effect, and I think it comes from seeing an "I love the 80s" episode on 1987 when back in Toledo). How overwhelmed does all of THAT make me, in my conscious life?
And here, I was told once that water dreams are about sex. This now makes it seem like everything that person said was some sort of pick-up line.
Back to tropical medicine auf Deutsch.

2 Comments:
robert urich! i haven't heard that name in decades. there was a rumor that he lived in our town back in the late 80s. we used to see him, or think we saw him, driving around suburban massachusetts, back in the heyday of spenser: for hire.
and now i am wondering who the pick-up line perpetrator was.
oh! it wasn't kolz, that's for sure. i should have said that first, really! that could've gotten me in trouble...
i totally loved spenser: for hire, even though i was probably 7 at the time. kind of in the same way i liked "remington steele".
Post a Comment
<< Home