With An I

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

gimme gimme

It's been snowing on and off over the last few days - nothing more than last week, but nice to have a dusting when I'm walking home. Cold enough to prove my robins-egg blue puffer coat the best purchase of last winter and to make me dry, which is to say spend time on, my hair, before going outside. Everyone I don't see often thinks I've done something drastically different with myself...I'm loathe to tell them it's just a blow-dryer, poor complimentary dears.

Today is all about meetings, sadly, and a film on the French Rev for the undergrads. Done with Peasant Intellectuals, and today is African environmental history:

Anderson et al, Ecology of Survival, Intro. (done)
Maddox, Giblin, and Kimambo, Custodians of the Land (TK)
Mackenzie, Land, Ecology and Resistance in Kenya, 1880-1952 (TK)

In other news, go Bears! I hate the Bears (mostly because I can't get over Mike Ditka and grr Chicago from my downstate upbringing), but my eldest brother love love loves them, and so I am happy for them, and for him. It's a good old Midwestern Superbowl, too, which I think is kind of nice. Better than the Tennessee Titans or whatever. I'm still waiting for March, when the college basketball is plentiful...

Also, I have an idea for a meme. I don't know how this works. I want to collect everyone's answers from the comment box and put them in the same post - yes? no?

1 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm - is that the meme itself, just posting the content of your comments? i don't know that there's a nifty html trick for that, but it can be done. or are you asking if there's a certain protocol for memes? definite no on that one - whatever's clever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home