Me and the peasants
Thoroughly caffeinated and ready to go this afternoon - lecture for the undergrads today was the French Revolution, all of it, and it was a wild ride.
I've decided that I now like working in our grand reading room. It's so airy and, well, grand - three story ceiling and ancient paintings and a big old table for me to work. I wasn't a library worker in college, but this feels like going to work. Days when I see my students also require a more official version of myself, and I'm finding my new holiday clothes are making me feel both official and efficient. Being able to go home when I'm done is additional motivation, and this way I actually see the other folks in my program.
It likely won't be a two-book day, but all is well. Today is only:
Steven Feierman, Peasant Intellectuals (reading)
...nothing else on deck. It's dense. Different than the peasants in 18th C France, too, thankfully.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home