With An I

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

p.s.

Bye bye, Robert Altman. My co-TA and I were both a little sad about it today - he was so crotchety and interesting. I am no film buff, but his are some of the only movies that I would choose to see pretty much no matter what; that and he's probably the first director I remember knowing of or caring about, from "The Player". My favorite video store in DC was organized by genres and directors, and had a great Altman section. Plus, he cast Lyle Lovett in several movies with great effect, thank you.

Note on application progress: having thought that the full history & physical required by the Fulbright-Hays was pretty much the worst (at least in terms of these apps requiring ALL of me), I am confronted tonight with another case for the "Figure out how to USE the technology, guys" files. My last application provides a PDF of the form, but no way to write in it; ergo, either find a typewriter or spend hours fiddling with the spacing on an MSWord document so that it matches up. I take this as a lesson, or a sign of how happy I'll be when I'm finished.

Interlude over...but I'm going to edit with some dark, Altman-style Lyle as my soundtrack.

2 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey m... er, wabes - see if your university has a deal on adobe acrobat (not the reader, but the full version). i think that lets you edit PDFs.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Wabes said...

thank you, my dear! kolz's dad said the same thing -- and had i planned ahead, i would've TOTALLy done that. but i didn't...so for next time, i'm all about adobe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home