With An I

Monday, November 20, 2006

Back again

Trip home for the christening was lovely, full of adorable, zany kidlet time, and a nice walk on the home farm, too. My old church surprised me with perhaps the most warm and smile-inducing baptism I've ever seen. Everyone got along, it was perfect. The church point is an important one, for me - perhaps means I'm growing up and relaxing a bit. I stopped going for several reasons in high school, and have only half-heartedly given credit for the good things it can do (people can be so judgmental and mean). But the potential for all of the good things was clear and real during the Sunday service for the baptism. It is nice to see good things happening at home, and was neat to see familiar faces. Even if I compulsively historicize the hymns and am not on board with the Jesus stuff, I'm really glad that my brother and his wife are part of the community, and it's nice to visit.

After a marathon return on Tuesday, Kolz and I were both down with a cold last week, plus I had to do my lecture in the undergrad history class, which sort of stole my blog, I guess. Only short notes on my mind right now.

The long-distance love affair with Brooklyn also continues after a lovely night Saturday with RC and Pama, celebrating many good things of the week. Lots of folks are turning 30, getting engaged, gearing up for the holidays -- we have 2 of the first and 2 of the second among our friends announced in the last week, and I'm getting excited about both Thanksgiving with the Kolzman's and Christmas here with my parents. We are going to have to get a very, very small tree. A large rosemary bush might work just fine; I've seen that in CA, I know it works...

Orals readings beckon, but I give you this: after rhapsodizing time and again about Fairway, I've just finally found it. Behold, the Cold Room!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home