With An I

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Four grants down, three to go. The sigh of relief should be forthcoming, but I have to make it to Friday and the last Fulbright first. It is a good thing that my mind won't let itself be tricked into relaxing just yet -- the stack of mid-terms that awaits me will actually be fun compared to reading my own proposal over and over again.

But let me tell you, when you mess with books & citations as often as I do, there is something really, really satisfying about getting a bibliography absolutely perfect (knock wood). Mine always have little errors, but I think the Social Science Research Council had better be pleased with my fastidiousness. I really really want this grant.

I've also discovered a really handy feature on the internets, though. It looks like the happy sort of shareware we all had in college, imagine that!

I sort of missed Halloween, but we have had two absolutely beautiful, unseasonably warm fall days. The leaves are nearly all turned in Riverside Park, and my indicator of fall - being able to see the blue of the Hudson through the trees from the middle of campus - is positive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home