various
Today, it is cold, again -- but not as bad as the folks have at home in Illinois (where winter is epic, ice-blasted, frozen-prairie, jesus). But we needed good apples, so I went out to the farmers' market anyway, and stopped by the dosa stand on the way back. I got a samosa bigger than my fist that was just perfect.*
And now, this is what I think:
1) Someday I want to write a recipe/story/column where I get to use the phrase "A samosa, yes! It's like an Indian knish."
which makes me think:
2) What are we ever going to do when we have to leave New York?
and
3) I miss the tiny, atomically awesome samosas in Dar.
Further, having been outside within sight of the Hudson and having felt the wind right through the arms of my super-trusty robin's egg blue down coat, I still maintain:
4) after reading this morning about how vests and leggings are the new winter wear, that people wearing only vests and leggings do not live in places in Manhattan where the wind actually blows. Or they have drivers. Or that story was written last week before it dipped below 30F.
And that's it for Thursday.
* second only in unexpected local snack food awesomeness to the steamed pork bun I discovered in a dinky tea shop on Broadway on Friday; Columbiana does not usually have such treats!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home