With An I

Monday, November 08, 2010

unintentional work haiku

In an email to Kolz just now, I wrote the following:

today is stinky. when do you think you'll be home? i need incentives.

...and then realized it was a very simplistic haiku.

today is stinky.
when do you think you'll be home?
i need incentives.


This pleased me, and made me remember how fun it was to be a part of my college friends' birthday haiku perpetual chain letter, though it has fallen off occasionally in recent years.

It also drove home how, while I love my office environment and my officemates, there are some days when the prospect of a long night here is as pre-emptively draining as setting off on a road trip after a bad night's sleep. (We could mix our metaphors here and say that the added business of the job market makes it a trip with an unknown destination, but...we don't have to).

And, anyway, there's only certain company that really makes that situation livable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home