With An I

Saturday, September 04, 2010

On working during the weekend

My conclusion is this:

It is a good thing that I do not have gummi bears/peachie-O's/worms/sour animals at my desk, because if I did, today, I would eat them ALL.

But if such sugary bits are food for the chapter that will get done by Monday, I might be willing to risk the havoc it would wreak on my blood sugar.

This month, folks, we are writing. All the talk I've talked about being busy before, in the last few months? It was bluster compared to the churning of words and documents that has to happen before the first set of jobs and post-docs close on October 1.

It's too bad the hurricane dropped nary a drip on us, because it would've been a great excuse to hunker down in my office for the day. It's basically a bunker of productivity anyway, but harder to be in when it's lovely out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home