I'm just going to keep writing about soccer until it gets boring. The finals are on the 29th, so just hang in there...
The Turkey-Croatia game has been on in the background, as I take care of emails and other stuff. It's been scoreless the entire game - all 90 minutes, plus 14 of the 15 minutes of overtime. And good back-and-forth the whole time, lots of shots on goal. And then, plötzlich in the last MINUTE of time, each team scored a goal. The Croatian goal was really goalie error, and the Turkish goal was just awesome inspired 30-seconds-left luck and good shooting. There were baby fireworks after the Croatian goal, and big daddy fireworks after the Turks scored.
Overtime! Maybe soccer would be interesting for more Americans if the best players from every country played, instead of a loosely-affiliated and massively paid set of pro's. But this is my bias against pro sports, which is kind of my own fiction.
I think we're in a shoot-out now, though...eeee!
Ohhhhh boy. Turkey won on penalties. This means they play Germany on Wednesday.
See earlier equation of wanting winner who makes Berlin the happiest. Now things get complicated...and the fireworks are LOUD. But the Croatians are crying. I hate that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home