fourth continent
R and I just got back from Istanbul -- and given that I've never been sure if Kolz and I's overnight in Dubai airport counted as another continent, I'll chalk this one up for sure.
But, suffice to say, you should all go to Istanbul. It's wonderful. And not too expensive. And Turkish Airlines is great. And Turkish delight can actually be delightful. And Obama (if this anecdote I've heard is true) is right on about the call to prayer at sunset being pretty.
We had to roll out at 6 this morning, because I had to be home for tonight's seminar, so further and more coherent details will follow later on. It is SO nice to be somewhere that I can speak the language.

2 Comments:
Did you cross the Bosporus Strait? If not, I've got some bad news for you...
we did! we went to kadiköy and ate kalamari, and it was all on the asian - er, anatolian - side!
Post a Comment
<< Home