over-seen and overheard
I'm in the library working on my dissertation prospectus (trying to strain it, basically, so it's less muddy), and, boy, sometimes I just love what I overhear. Just now, it was a kid using the verb "phosphorolate" as he gestured about, it seemed, "mutant" particles (he did also use the word mutant) to two other dudes also doing their chem homework. Across the way is a set of couples who WILL NOT STOP kissing as the drop in on each other's study time. Study time, indeed. They're probably checking out celebrity fashion errors just like me (this is a particular good crop, really, it's worth it). I guess I just don't remember quite so much groping at Green Library. That's what the South Stacks were purportedly for, right?
Work is easier now that my second plagiarizer is out of my hands - we sent the case to the Dean of Yep-we're-busting-your-ass-for-cheating-boyo today. Godspeed. I have much better chance of making tomorrow's deadline now that I'm not combing papers for improper citations and cribbing. I am personally not looking forward to the fallout, if there is any from my student, but it's just as well that I learn to deal with it now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home