With An I

Thursday, September 18, 2008

overheard in Zanzibar

"I know, I'll just put it into my pudding, and eat it."

We do funny things to get those anti-malaria pills down, at the end of the day!


Computer is fixed but I left it at home, because I am taking a weekend and going off the grid with Imelda. Tomorrow we go to Bwejuu, on the eastern coast, for two nights. Tonight we are staying with friends in Stone Town, have had our traditional coconut octopus yummy dinner, and it is still a place I would come back to, tomorrow.

Even during Ramadan, when everything is different/closed, and when the night garden where Kolz and I had sugar cane juice and fresh grilled fish is closed for renovation.

2 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only person who, hearing the word Zanzibar, thinks of the Springsteen song "Blinded by the Light"?*

Yes. Yes, of course I am.

Glad your computer is fixed, hope the weekend is fun!

*"And now in Zanzibar, a shootin' star was ridin' in a side car, hummin' a lunar tune..."

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Wabes said...

yes, honey, yes you are. i had NO idea that was in that song. but you are my key to bruce!

we actually went to a different beach - to paje - but apparently i was too punchy to pick up on that. i wish i could have taken you and G and J with me! and baby J, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home