With An I

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Yo Toledo!

This is how I got home:

Friday 3/21: London (Luton) to Berlin (Schönefeld)

+: very nice girl I met on the plane giving me and my 23 kg suitcase a ride home; EasyJet counter staff couldn't be bothered to charge me for my overweight bag.

Saturday 3/22: Berlin (Tegel) via Amsterdam (Schiapol) to Detroit

+: girl sitting next to me was very nice, and we had the same get-up-and-walk-around schedule.
-: girl also had a verrrry nice head cold.

Sunday 3/23: Detroit via Chicago (O'Hare) to Springfield...er...Peoria

-: original flight to Springfield cancelled; re-routed to Peoria, which, who knew, is also close to the home farm; ended up only an hour late; cold/virus/evil came on in the car on the way home, forcing me to bed and couch for the next 72 hours. Did see some nice weather in the hour before I left, and my wildest dreams for Easter food (ham! mashed potatoes! asparagus! sweet corn! rolls! and mom and Aunt A made two pies and a Angel Food Cake with little coconut grass and jelly bean eggs!)

Wednesday 3/26: Springfield via Chicago to Detroit
+: I am home.

1 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger lauren said...

good ol'schipol, where they don't yell at you for talking to imaginary circus animals from your seat! i have such fond (if strange) memories of that place.

glad to hear all of your puddle-jumping has brought you back safely to us (though i'm sorry to hear about the head cold) - can't wait to see you on the 9th!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home