can we call him bloomie?
I got to make a quick run down to Jersey yesterday to visit the family, spend a little time in the sunshine, and get some reading done. And watch the better part of "Pirates of the Caribbean" again. I can see it being a comfort movie when my German fails me.
The Eldest asked me yesterday what I thought of Bloomberg's abandoning the Republican party, which was all the news here. [And can I have the job of the person who gets to make up the crazy headlines at the Post, please?!] I'm really neither here nor there about a lot of the Democrats - just get me one that's solidly electable and really smart. And I generally like Mayor Mike - he seems a straight shooter, and even when he's politicking, he's just gruff and earnest enough to seem trustworthy. Love the smoking ban, the gun policy, and props to him for walking the Brooklyn Bridge to work in 25-degree weather during the transit strike. And anything that edges Rudy out is also fine with me. (Because haven't we had enough bull-headed megalomania, really? How is he doing so well in the rest of America?) Realizing that I'm going to miss another major election with this year in Berlin just stinks, though.*
NJ nephew is growing like a weed, all chatter and bounciness and blue, blue eyes. And everything he says is so cute.
Inquiring minds will be happy to know that I have my wallet back, with all its original contents including $60+ in cash. There were also lovely peonies today at the farmers' market, plus rhubarb and asparagus. The first of the strawberries, too - and there went my cash. Yum.
* for 2000, I was already in York. Granted that Bradley was my man, but having to watch British news coverage of all that was rough. Getting ribbed by the Brits about our stupid electoral system was, admittedly, worse.

1 Comments:
we DO call him bloomie, baby!
Post a Comment
<< Home