With An I

Thursday, May 31, 2007

go get 'em, cathy

Just enough time to squeak in a post before German class, because I'm back in the swing of things here...but all is well, not too busy. My instinctive reaction from this past year is to think I'm perpetually busy & running hither and yon, but right now, it's just nice & manageable.

First, god bless Cathy Horyn, she of inimitably posh voice and unstoppably scathing fashion critique, for getting out there and taking a stab at swimsuits. Though, admittedly, at Barneys and Bergdorf - it is New York, after all. But props for discussing fashion, and not her bottom, and for noting yet again the impact of current modeling trends. I like her more & more, just for her voice-overs alone. I did find it ironic, though, that the model accompanying the article was wafer-thin. More sprinkler-diving and sunbathing here than real swimming in New York, anyway. Hmm. I've got this two-piece I love, from last year in Carolina, and so no desire to jump into the dressing room glare this summer. But it's so hot today, swimsuits seem appropriate. And it also reminds me that fabbing it up on the beach in July with the Kolzs is my motivation for actually thinking about eating healthy. Whence orals gave gone, so go the french fries.

Further fun today comes yet again from the Fug Girls, who name-checked one of the few old musicals I've seen live in this post - follow the link, it's hi-larious.

Since I started this post (two hours ago), the temperature has dropped at least 15 degrees, and the wind is up. The storm they've been promising us may arrive yet.

1 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger lauren said...

hmm - that was the general GFY link. do you mean the goldfrapp post?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home