countdown
T-minus two days till the exam, almost to the minute. Today is for finishing up the books that are a priority, that they might still ask me about, and then the big review starts. I think I originally intended for the big review to last a week, but so it goes.
Adding to the stress of the week was a semi-snarky note about the spring break conference - they want my paper, like, NOW. But since they misspelled both of my names twice, I'm docking them two days of punctuality. I don't think it'll make anyone angry, and it'll buy me some sanity.
Not that I wasn't energetic before, but I'm getting to the amped-up stage of preparation - it was hard to get to sleep last night, I am moving, eating, breathing as efficiently as I can. It's a good sort of concentration of effort. Keeping to my earlier image, my plane is accelerating down the runway. Zoom!

4 Comments:
i trust you're adhering to the time-honored practice of stopping the madness 24 hours before the big exam, right? can't burn out that beautiful brain, baby!
oh, yeah - of course! but thanks for the reminder. i'm getting my 8 hours of sleep, and i will relax the night before. and i'm taking gofugyourself breaks, what with all the oscar fashion to reflect upon.
and don't forget to keep eating! back in college i heard that peanut butter is brain food, so i used it as an excuse to eat pb&j sandwiches during finals. but hey, do whatever works for you.
woo, two-day countdown!
Good luck! I was meeting with one of my examiners the other day and he said, "I would tell you not to worry... but that's bullshit. Of course you're going to worry. Just remember it's the last hoop to jump through that you aren't managing yourself."
Post a Comment
<< Home