Grrr.
Grrr. Harrumph.
Grey day.
Grey mood.
Did not sleep well. Weird dreams last night featuring: high school friends singing opera & gushing about "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me," foiling a dastardly plot against the democratic leadership that involved an oversized shotgun shell, exhaustive conversations, pharmacies. I don't ask for interpretation, dear readers, nor do I understand, but I certainly have had some memorable ones since I started traveling. Isn't it interesting how we process things while sleeping? (kidchamp understands, even if I can't find the exact post I'm thinking of, but she understands just about everything about me).
Getting better is taking a lot longer than I thought it would, and I don't know what some of it means. Oscillating between frustrated & resigned. But Mama gave some good advice last night, that I should feed myself like I would feed a baby (lucky I have adorable nieces & nephews as a reference) -- which I think means I need Cheerios. Sophers likes Cheerios. Kolzman reintroduced me to Honey Nut Cheerios at 25. Google, find me Cheerios in Germany!
As of today, I have a month left here. I have not started my own research, nor do I know where I will be living in stage two of the journey. It'll be great, but dude. I am not cut out for not knowing. Or spending money indiscriminately.
Muggy here, and the summer solstice - so the longest day of the year, eh? It'll be light until after 10 pm, I think. Northern Europe parties down, apparently.
Must head out into it now to get groceries. Apparently Aldi, which I haven't found yet, is somehow related to Trader Joe's...
Sorry, kids. Everyone who blogs gets to whine sometimes, I hear - I promise not to do so too often or too much. But I have no idea how to further articulate the way I feel auf Deutsch, except for "schlechte Laune," bad mood.

1 Comments:
ask and you shall receive, baby.
Post a Comment
<< Home