With An I

Monday, June 19, 2006

The Bug reveals itself...

to be salmonella enteriditis. Which is as bad as it sounds, but very treatable. Bastards.

Hilariously, the state of my health is also the concern of the German Public Health Service (as it would be at home) - except here, they actually follow up...

But again, this may be funny to me because of what I'm interested in - and it's certainly only interesting in retrospect. Regardless, may blessings rain down on my host family and the Institute, Kolzman and my folks, my kindly, brusque, really-only-Russian-and-not-much-English Aerztin -- and a surly pox upon whoever made (and let sit out for hours) those various potato salads or mayonaises or chicken dishes I ate last weekend. I am on the mend, and mending fast.

Consider it your mission, dear readers, to learn a lesson here, and let me be the only food-poisoning victim of our collective summer. Be forewarned, lest you, too, end up eating from the BRAT diet...

More to come - because, of course, there's soccer on tonight. And then there's this, which I saw and thought was just funny, somehow...

3 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Kolzman said...

Why you gotta blame brats?

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Imelda said...

OK, maybe it's because you're in Germany, but I read that brat diet, as in bratwurst. Only after clicking on the link did it occur to me that it could be brat, as in childish Italian footballers. Can we vote on this?

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Wabes said...

yes, you see, i was being tricky...you actually have to read the information on the link to realize that bratwurst are not the problem, rather the very bland diet. to me, it says something about dieticians.

i'd give anything for an all brat diet right now, dude. soon enough!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home