Ghana! Yes!
Okay, fine, I've been bitten by the bug. And soccer is my only entertainment with the host family away, the cat very sleepy, the food bland, and my work (mostly) done. I'm checking this constantly to see how things are going to fall in the next round, and remind myself of the brackets.
Anyway, damn - I need to find out how to say "outplayed" auf Deutsch! Glossaries - and there are many, many - help, but not for slang. Ghana just beat the Czech Republic team like, well, like the Czech team beat the US last week. Or close. They literally peppered the poor Czech goalie with shots - awesome. Now, to see how the US plays against Bella Italia.
And so, a little shout-out: Zelda, honey, for your sake, and the sake of the coverage of anything African in American print journalism, I hope you get this one tonight!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home